Prep Time: 5 Minutes or less
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4 (18 total slices of bacun)
1 SmartPoint per 4.5 slices of bacun
- 350g extra firm tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cups tamari
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-4 sprays of cooking oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Slice your tofu into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place the tofu on a parchment lined baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes. flipping at the half way mark.
- While the tofu is cooking mix together the remaining ingredients into a small bowl.
- Once the tofu is done baking place it in a non-stick, lightly greased (with cooking spray) frying pan on medium-low heat. Make sure the slices are laying flat in the pan and not overlapping each other.
- Pour the sauce over the slices, carefully flip each slice so that it is covered in the sauce.
- Cook over medium-low heat until there is no more liquid in the pan, you'll need to flip the slices every few minutes so prevent burning.