- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons low sodium Tamari Sauce (soy sauce will work also)
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small sauce pan add onion, garlic, black pepper, and 1/4 cups of vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in remaining vegetable broth, tamari, and nutritional yeast. Mix everything together and add gravy mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth.
- Add mixture back to your pot and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to the gravy mixture, make sure to stir as you add the cornstarch mixture so that you don't get lumps. Stir until gravy thickens and then remove from heat.
Makes 9 servings, each serving is 1/4 cups.