Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 Minutes
2 SmartPoint per serving
For the filling:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 450g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 450g frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 540ml lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the mashed topping:
- 600g potatoes, diced (rougly 3 medium)
- 350g cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (other plant based milks will work)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut up the potato and cauliflower and place in a pot of boiling water, boil for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are cooked.
- While the potatoes and cauliflower cook sauté the onion and mushrooms in a tablespoon of water (or vegetable broth) until onions are translucent, season with salt and pepper
- Add in garlic and cook for another minute or two
- Add the vegetable broth, lentils, frozen vegetables, thyme, rosemary and chilli flakes and stir until combined.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water, pour over vegetable mixture and stir until liquid thickens.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Once potatoes and cauliflower are cooked, strain and then add the almond milk, garlic, and spices and begin to mash.
- Top the vegetable mixture with the potato/cauliflower mix and place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
I personally think this recipe is best served with some of my Vegan Gravy