Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 Minutes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 cup corn
- 15oz potato, chopped (roughly 2 medium potatoes)
- 8oz cremini mushrooms, chopped into large pieces
- 6oz portobello mushrooms, chopped into large pieces
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 540ml diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 398ml tomato sauce, no salt added
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable broth, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kitchen bouquet (browning gravy liquid)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1/4 cups vegetable broth into your pot along with the minced onion, carrot and celery. Cook on medium/low until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for a few more minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until all the water has evaporated.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except for the cornstarch, water and peas.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes or until the potato and carrots are cooked.
- Add in your peas and stir, the heat from the stew will heat them through.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water and add to the stew to help thicken it, stir a few times and then serve.