- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 15oz sweet potato, pealed and diced (about 1 large)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 540ml chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 540ml diced tomatoes
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth, no salt added
- 5oz baby spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a nonstick pan add in your water, onion, and garlic and sauté on medium until onions become translucent
- Add in ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, coriander and chili flakes and cook for another minute or until spiced become fragrant
- Add in sweet potato, cauliflower, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable broth and mix well.
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and let cook for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark remove the lid, stir and continue cooking, uncovered for another 15 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring to help wilt the spinach.
Makes 8 servings which is 1 cup per serving. I like to serve the stew over some basmati rice.