Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-45 Minutes
2 SmartPoint per 1 cup serving
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced and then quartered
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 25oz potatoes, diced
- 2 cups dry green (or yellow) split peas
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Vegetable
- 8 cups water*
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw everything into a large pot and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30-45 minutes or until you get a thick creamy consistency.
- I like to mash mine up a bit using a potato masher (you don't have to) and I serve it with some rice.
* Water should be covering all the vegetables, if not add more until it is.