- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 cups dry red lentils
- 540ml canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 500ml diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cups light coconut milk
- 3 cups and 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to your nonstick pan with the chopped onion, cook onion for a few minutes on medium-high until translucent. Add more water if needed.
- Add in minced ginger, cumin, chili powder, and curry powder. Stir well and let cook for a minute or two.
- Add in lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes, water and coconut milk. Stir everything together, bring to a boil and then reduce to medium-low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Makes 6 servings, 1 heaping cup per serving. I like to serve mine with some rice and/or over some baby spinach.