It's that time of year again where all I want to eat is warm, comfort food. This soup is super easy to make and really hits the spot on those colder Autumn and Winter nights.
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup brocolli
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and then quartered
- 227g mushrooms, sliced
- 350g potato,chopped (roughly 2 medium potatoes)
- 540ml diced tomatoes
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 8 cups of water (more if vegetables aren't covered)
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chop up all the vegetables, throw them in a large pot along with the diced tomatoes, water, vegetable bouillon, water, chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil then lower to medium heat and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until the carrots and potatoes are cooked.
Makes 12 servings (1cup per serving) at 1 SmartPoints