When someone mentions Autumn the first thing that pops in my head is chili. This one pot, quick and easy chili will hopefully become a staple in your house. It's great on it's own, paired with some crusty bread or even used as a topping for hot dogs.
- 540ml canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 540ml canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 540ml diced tomatoes (I use Alymer's Accents with chili seasoning)
- 398ml canned baked beans in tomato sauce
- 540ml canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 798ml crushed tomatoes
- 227g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced then quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion, mushrooms, pepper, zucchini, and garlic in a splash of water until softened. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour in all the canned ingredients, and spices. Stir util combined and then simmer on medium/low for up to 30 minutes make sure to stir occasionally. The longer the chili simmers the better I think it tastes.