This is my go to sandwich filling, it's flavourful, easy to make, and makes an fantastic topping for a salad.
- 540ml can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the chickpeas using a potato masher. Add in all the other ingredients and mix together until combined. Serve on you favourite bread or over a salad.
Makes 5 servings, each serving (1/3 cup) works out to 4 SmartPoints. *Sometimes I’m able to get 6 servings depending on how small I chop my vegetables or if I add a bit more, if you get 6 servings the recipe works out to 3 SmartPoints so just make sure to measure your portions.