This is my go to oatmeal over the colder months. It is super easy to make, low in points and tastes like you're eating dessert for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 teaspsoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine all the oatmeal ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and mix well using a fork. I find that using a fork gets a bit of air into the mixture with results in a creamier texture.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 90 seconds, depending on how you like your oatmeal you might need to cook a little less or more.
Cooked Apple Ingredients
- 1 apple diced, it's up to you if you peel it or not
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 packet of sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Combine all the cooked apple ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and mix together well. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a plate and microwave for 90 seconds. Take the mixture out, stir and put it back into the microwave covered for another 90 seconds.
Makes 1 serving