I don't know about you but I like when a meal comes together fast, is super easy to make and is of course delicious!! This meal just happens to be one of those meals and is a staple in my home.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (540ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1cup corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5 sweet peppers, I like using a variety of colours but you use what you like
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F, cut up peppers into quarters and place in a baking dish covered with tin foil. Once the oven is heated put the peppers in for about 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Over medium heat cook garlic and jalapeno for a minute or so in a little splash of water
- Add in the quinoa ,broth, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together and then bring to a boil. Once at a boil reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and serve.
Makes 5 servings (1 cup of quinoa mixutre and 1 pepper) at 7 SmartPoints or Simply Filling
Topping ideas: avocado, cilantro, salsa