- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, finely diced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 540 ml canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup crushed tomato, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tamari (can replace with soy sauce)
- 1 cup quick oats (can replace with gluten free oats)
- 3/4 cup ketchup or bbq* (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a pan over medium heat saute the onion, garlic and mushrooms until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and carrots and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the lentils, thyme, rosemary, coriander, and Tamara and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce and oats and mix everything together and cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and carefully mash the mixture a bit using a potato masher, you still want to have chunks of vegetables throughout the mixture.
- Place mixture into a loaf pan* and pack down the mixture.
- At this time you can add the ketchup (or bbq sauce) to the top of the loaf if you so choose to.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the edges of the loaf begin to brown. Remove from the oven and let sit at least 10 minutes before slicing.
This loaf makes 8 large servings, each slice is about 1 inch thick.
*You can also make this loaf into muffins using a muffin pan instead of a loaf pan. Use 1/4 cup mixture for each muffin, pack down and then add 1 tablespoon of ketchup (or BBQ sauce) if you'd like and bake. This recipe will make 12 muffins.